The July meeting was held at the Methodist Hospital conference room in Houston. The following members attended the meeting:
- Mr. Vahid Faghihi (Texas A&M University)
- Mr. Greg Hall (US Army Corps of Engineers, Over the conference call-in)
- Ms. Elyssa Horvath (SpawGlass)
- Mr. Todd Harper (Austin Commercial)
- Mr. Jim Jacobi (Walter P. Moore)
- Dr. Julian Kang (Texas A&M University)
- Mr. Peter Koenig (GSA)
- Mr. Joe Mendyk (Turner Construction)
- Mr. George Pontikes (Satterfield & Pontikes)
- Mr. Larry Rooney (Manhattan Construction)
- Mr. Sid Sanders (Methodist Hospital System)
- Mr. David Trevino (City of Dallas)
- Ms. Chendi Yang (Turner Construction)
In addition, the following industry friends joined the meeting to understand what is going on with the BIM Texas Alliance:
- Mr. Biwwanath Todi (Pinnacle Infotech)
- Mr. Connor Christine (McCarthy)
- Mr. Reid Mrsny (Texas Medical Enter)
- Mr. Andy Gajbhiye (Joeris General Contractor)
- Mr. Dan Sharp (PDG Architecture)
Topics discussed during the meeting include:
- The BIM Evaluation Committee (led by George Pontikes) reviewed the list of questions that owners may want to ask to understand the contractors' level of proficiency on BIM, and committee members discussed how to come up with answers to those questions so that owners can use them as guideline.
- The Conference Committee (led by Elyssa Horvath) presented the draft plan for the annual conference scheduled on November 8-9 in San Antonio. The theme of the conference was suggested as "BIM - Reality Check and Future Agenda" The rooms at Grand Hyatt hotel have been reserved. The list of potential keynote presenters was developed. The sponsorship program was discussed. The process of inviting the breakout session presentations was discussed.
- Mr. Reid Mrsny (Vice President of Facilities Engineering, Texas Medical Center) gave a presentation over the "Overview of the Entirety of the Medical Enter and the Future Plans"